10 Environment and Energy
Department in charge
- Institute of Advanced Energy
- Graduate School of Energy Science
- Analysis of regional energy supply and demand
- Analysis of the relationship between energy use and agricultural production in regions of Southeast Asia
- Analysis of rural electrification and social disparity in Southeast Asia
- Our sub-unit focuses on energy use in non-urban areas in Southeast Asia. We conduct trans-disciplinary research that combines both the humanities and sciences and uses regional informatics and quantitative effect measurements. Specifically, we study local electrification and social disparity in Southeast Asia in collaboration with local researchers and NGOs.
Field research at Oak Pho village in Myanmar in 2019.
Household energy use and QoL survey in Sumba, Indonesia (Aug 2019)
Institute of Advanced EnergyHideaki Ohgaki
Research Area:Nuclear engineering, Renewable Energy, Optical engineering and photonics
Institute of Advanced Energykeiichi Ishihara
Research Area:Energy chemistry, Materials, Material fabrication and microstructure control, Inorganic materials
Center for Southeast Asian Studies,Satoru Kobayashi
Research Area:Area Studies, Anthropology